The Intuitive Defensive® Carbine (Defensive Focus Carbine) Course is designed to expose students to an efficient method of defending themselves with a semi-automatic rifle during a dynamic critical incident. All of the principles and fundamentals of the Intuitive Defensive® Shooting program are applied to the carbine and the following topics are covered:
- Four Points of Contact with a rifle and Intuitive Shooting Fundamentals
- The Balance of Speed & Precision with a carbine
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Aiming Methods
- Defensive Accuracy
- Volume of Fire
- Critical Incident Reloads & Efficient Carbine Handling
ioning to a Pistol (2 Day Only)
- Counter Ambush Response with a Slung Rifle
- Shooting while Standing, Squatting, Kneeling & Seated
- Shooting around Cover & in Unorthodox Shooting Positions
ental Carbine Malfunction Clearing
- Rifle with Sling
- At least 3 rifle magazines
- Pistol with at least 2 magazines (optional)
- A quality holster made for their specific model handgun and that completely covers the trigger when holstered. (opti
onal if no handgun is brought)
This course is offered as both a 1 day and 2-day course.
Students will supply their own ammunition and should plan on
1 Day: 400 – 500 rounds of rifle ammunition for this course
2 Day: 800 – 1200 rounds of rifle ammunition and 100 – 200 rounds of pistol ammunition.
Students are welcome to bring extra ammunition, as there will be certain drills where round count can easily be increased.